Thursday, July 25, 2013

Self Efficacy

This is a hard blog prompt for me to write about. I struggle with confidence in myself and have a hard time recognizing my own talents. I am very much my won worst critic.

Despite my previous caveat, I have strong self efficacy in the area of reading. Throughout my entire life, I have always been successful in reading. I was always well above grade level for reading and my teachers always encouraged me in my reading endeavors. Because of this, I have confidence that I will be a successful reader. I also really enjoy reading and understand the practice of reading to be an ongoing learning process. I will never master the art of reading, it is always something that can be improved.

The main contributors to my self efficacy in reading are definitely the encouragement of teachers and my success in the classroom as a reader. This makes it so apparent how important it is as a teacher to create a classroom that enables students to be successful in all subject areas. Students need to gain their confidence in themselves to learn and have academic strengths. They need to recognize their own self efficacies. I hope to be a teacher that encourages and enables students for success.


1 comment:

  1. Take some time to ask those around you who love you what your strengths are. Ask them to write down for you things that they appreciate for and come to you for. Then, pull out these slips and remind yourself why you do what you do.

    ReplyDelete