Saturday, June 15, 2013

Evernote, my life saver


This week in class I reviewed the app/website called Evernote. This is a web 2.0 tool designed to help people like me, the unorganized. I have been using it for a week now, and I can honestly say that I will probably use it for many years to come. It helps me to organize the notes I take in class and reminders that I usually jot down on a piece of paper that I will never find again. The tool is used by creating different notebooks. In those notebooks you can take a snap shot of a document that you need to look back on, type up a note for a particular subject, upload a file that you need, etc. So far I have created notebooks for "life", "Meredith", "Peru Trip", "Student Teaching" and "Work". These are all the different directions my life is in, and Evernote is helping me to have a better grasp and organization on these particular areas of my life. You can also download a widget for your google chrome browser. Using this widget, every time you comes across a website that needs to be remembered, you just simply drag the website to the widget and it will keep the link in a specified folder of your choice.

Evernote is an easy to use tool that really enables people for organization. I am really happy I discovered it. There are many add on tools that you can also use to supplement Evernote in different ways. For instance, there is a food organization app as well as a study guide app. I hope to use some of these tools as well in the future.

Ultimately, I hope a more organized me will enable me to focus on my students more than I thought possible.

To go to the website and check out the tool more, click here.



Image taken from: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evernote



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad for the second reminder about Evernote! My mom (a disorganized, yet inspired artist and teacher of art) loves it, and swears by it. I need organizational mojo in my life too. I agree that it is imperative when dealing with students! I didn't like Evernote when I first tried it a few years ago, but maybe I should try again. I like your presentation on it the other night. Thanks again and good luck on the organizational journey. I'm on it too! Cheers, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I heard lots of good things about the info that Katrina shared on Evernote. I don't use it myself, but might need to rethink that decision over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered Evernote through a friend and I think it is a great app to help keep things organized. Currently I don't think I use it to its full potential, but I am excited to try to use it more. I had not heard about the Google Chrome widget, but I think I will have to try that out. It sounds like a great tool!

    ReplyDelete